Sunday, January 27, 2013

This shit is complex.

I've been really obsessed with barbell complexes recently.  Most of the time, I follow a gym program that describes my days, weeks, and months in the gym.  But a few times I like to just lift heavy stuff more quickly while blasting K'naan in my ears.  (Probably a little bit too loud... yikes....)

I've been calling all my complexes 'Bear' complexes because I thought if it was 6 sets of 6 reps it was a bear.  But apparently there is a legit complex called 'the Bear Complex' and no other complex is supposed to hold this title.  I've never done this complex.  But here it is:




But, from what I've read here is how I program mine:
-6 sets of 6 reps of 6 exercises
-choose 1 to 2 lower body exercises, preferably one for hamstrings/butt, and one for quads -front squat, back squat, deadlift, or RDL
-choose a vertical press - like push press or over head press
-choose a horizontal push - pushups
-choose a back exercise - rows

They usually take 20-30 minutes to finish.

Here are more examples!



This guy is intense.


And another linky link to click.
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/brutal_complexes

And a video of a guy throwing up, for your enjoyment.








No comments:

Post a Comment